Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I Am Rockwellesque

Hi bloggy,

So today I took baby Amy out for a walk with my friend and her two kids (ages one and three). As we were walking along the lovely streets of my run-down neighborhood (I must assure that "lovely" and "run-down" can indeed coexist. I am in love with run-down places. There are so many unique things to look at!), a man with sunglasses and longish curly hair stopped us. At first I was a little nervous because he took off his sunglasses to get a better look at us and said "Heeeeeeeeeeeeey..." Don't worry. As it turned out, he wasn't hitting on us.

I'm sure our confusion prompted him to explain. "I love to see this!" Obviously that didn't exactly restore my comfort zone, and I had almost labeled him what my sisters and I call a "creeper" when he explained that seeing a mommy with one kid and a mommy with two kids out for a walk was a great thing to see. "That guy Rockwell would love it!" What an interesting compliment!

It's nice to know that someone still thinks moms are cool. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who do, but as a mom, you don't see them very often because--amazingly enough--you're with your kid 24/7. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I am a work of art.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! I finally found your blog! I'm so excited and glad that you have one! That story sounded kinda creepy at first, but I'm so glad it had a happy ending. To bad I wasn't there. If he did try anything I could have used my double jogging stroller on him! J/K ;) Did Christi have her pepper spray?;) I'm glad you guys were ok. It is nice to see that people appreciate us mommies! It's just too bad more people don't feel that way. By the way I have to agree with you about your "lovely" and "run-down" neighborhood I feel the same way about mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm...... about you being a mommy..... hmmmmm.....don't think you make the cut....hmmmm..... just kidding!!! i want to let you know that I think you are a fabulous mother although I am not even close to being one myself!:)!:)! Oh and you are TOTALLY a work of art just like the ones at the park! I think you would fit right next to the Harry Potter arch! :)

    ReplyDelete